Who Can Be in ReMerge
Priority selection is given to:
- Women who are pregnant
- Women with children under five years of age
- Women with multiple minor children
- Women with charges that originated from Oklahoma County
These women are facing a nonviolent felony conviction that would otherwise result in imprisonment. Further, women who have care-taking responsibilities for their minor children or will be eligible for reunification.
How They Are Selected
Candidates are recommended through one or more of the following avenues:
- Oklahoma County District Attorney’s office
- Oklahoma County Public Defender’s office
- Oklahoma County Judges
Screening and assessments are performed by the Department of Corrections and NorthCare. Once identified as a potential client, further assessment is completed to evaluate the candidate’s risk, needs, and willingness to participate in the program.
All candidates must be approved by the Oklahoma County District Attorney’s Office and Oklahoma County Public Defender’s Office. To inquire about eligibility, please call Shiann Copeland at 580-483-3618 or email email@example.com.